- We’re tractor owners!
- In Canberra I look out of my office and can see Parliament House. At home I look out of my study and can see tomato plants, chilli plants, corn, a rabid pumpkin vine, fruit trees, ducks, goats, lambs and a giant pile of chicken manure in my back paddock. In summary, Parliament House can suck it.
- A two-day weekend of farm work leaves me pleasantly tired. A long weekend of farm work has left me absolutely knackered. My prediction is that Easter is going to kill me. On a related note, the new tractor is Farm-Freaking-Tastic!
- Today my dad, David Atherton, killed a mouse with a full 9kg gas bottle. He cut its head off! He’s a farm ninja!!!!!
- This morning I went out to put my tractor away, released a goat from the back paddock fence, took my car into the back paddock to get the big cage trailer, and waved at my neighbour a couple of times, all while wearing my pyjamas. LIKE A FARMER!
- Wearing gumboots. LIKE A FARMER!
- Today we broke our big chainsaw and the mulcher, all before lunch. The farm gods are frowning on us… Pictures to follow. J
- First meal at our local pub. Biggest. Schnitzel. EVER!
An Inch Ant. It’s an ant. It’s an inch long. Hence the name.